HaloPro - Range Check Addon to max Halo's potential
by Spinalcrack » 26 Aug 2012, 07:58
The level 90 talent Halo, offers all priests a very unique, fun ability, but one that is sometimes difficult during an encounter to reliably maximize to its full potential. Halo does the most healing and damage when cast at 25 yards to the target. This can often be a tough thing to judge.
HaloPro creates a customizable bar that can be sized and positioned anywhere in your UI. As you move closer or farther away from a tracked unit the bar's texture changes to let you know whether you need to move in or away to get in proper range (25 yards). This ensures you can accurately cast and time your use of Halo.
HaloPro also goes further and monitors the other lvl 90 talents as well, to ensure you are maxing your healing or damage from Cascade, and know you are never out of range for Divine Star to hit twice.
If you prefer WeakAura's HaloPro now also has a WeakAura mode! Try it out!
=== Slash Commands ===
/hp or /halopro
- * just /hp brings up the options panel
* 'default' - unlocks and resets bar position and size
* 'lock' - locks down to the bar so it can't be moved or resized
* 'unlock' - unlocks the bar so it can be moved or resized
=== HaloPro Features Summary ===
* Easy to use. When the bar's spark is Red on the left, you are too close. As you back out it turns yellow and shifts to the centre and gets brighter. Once in the correct range it gets brighter still, turns green and plays a sound if enabled. If you continued to move further out it would move to the right of center, fade slightly and turn yellow, and further still is dimmer still and red. So, left is too close, right is too far, and middle is just right for max damage / heals
* Easy re-positioning and scaling. Simply /hp unlock and drag the graphic where ever you wish. /hp lock when done to not accidentally move it during the encounter. The bar is also positional when the options panel is open.
* /hp options brings up a full Options panel with all the features settable with gui options
* Bar only shows when a target that can be affected by your spells is selected
* Bar fades out as you move too close or too far away from your target
* You can choose either a Horizontal or Vertical bar, or Icon
* Bar disappears spell is on cooldown and fades back in as it comes back up to give you time to reposition - you can turn this off in the options
* Option to have bar warn when spells are off cooldown
* Option to have a sound play when in proper range - only plays once while in that range, so as to not be annoying
* Option to prioritize mouseover targets. If there are no valid mouseover targets it will still show range to current selected target
* You can create your own textures and easily add them to HaloPro (be sure to read the readme.txt file in the \HaloPro_Art\Custom folder for instructions)
* HaloPro automatically disables itself if you do not know any lvl 90 talents on the fly, so if you switch talents back and forth or change specs it can handle it. As you swap talents it just automatically switches to monitor the active talent.
=== Known Issues ===
=== Change Log ===
== Release v126.96.36.199 ==
* Added input boxes for Width, Height and Border Sliders
* Added "On CD" alpha to set the alpha when spell is on cooldown
* Added "Off CD" alpha to set the max alpha when spell is off cooldown ready to cast
* Bug fixed where you can't click through the frame when its locked (preventing mouse turning over the frame)
* New version nomenclature (Major release . Wow version . minor release)[/list]
== Release v3.6.0 ==
* 6.0.2 Release
* Completely Re-Written for Warlords of Draenor
== Release v2.6.0 ==
* Fixed issue created by latest hotfix with setting sliders
* Fixed issue created by latest hotfix with the borders colour wheel
* Updated range libraries
== Release v2.5.0 ==
* Updated range libraries
* Updated for patch 5.4
== Release v2.1.0 ==
* Fixed ranges on Divine Star to properly reflect in game hit distances
* Added some Z-Indexing to help address reposition issues
- == v2.1.1 ==
* Fixed reposition / resize bug (Hopefully once and for all)
* Corrected some typos
== v2.1.2 ==
* Version Updated for patch 5.3
== v2.1.3 ==
* Added some additional repositioning protection
* Fixed some formatting in the options panel
== Release v2.0 ==
* Added borders (looks way better)
* Added monitoring of all lvl 90 talents
* Lots of other improvements and bug fixes - notes.txt in HaloPro folder or see this post
- == v2.0.2 ==
* Login error fix
== v2.0.5 ==
* Fixed bug that could cause settings to reset to default - especially when enabling and disabling HaloPro
* Now properly remembers size, position, strata, and most importantly tracking type based on spec - ie Can set mouseover for healing, target for dps and auto changes when changing spec's
* Lots and lots of optimizations reducing CPU loading by a factor of at least 5-6 times while keeping the memory footprint very small ( - Thanks to rowaasr13 for these optimizations - )
== v2.0.6 ==
* Fixed further bugs causing bar to reset sizing
* Fixed bug that was preventing the Always Show option from functioning correctly
* Width and Height options now labeled correctly when in Vertical Bar mode
== v2.0.7 ==
* Added a hook for weakaura's - defaults to glowing border of hotbar button when in proper range and spell is off cooldown (see notes.txt for weakaura import string)
* Misc tweaks
== v2.0.8 ==
* Reworked code to further prevent HaloPro from re-sizing and changing positions after loading screens
== v2.0.9 ==
* Updated for 5.2
== Release v1.5 ==
* Added in option for vertical bar (or Icon's with indicators that move side to side)
* Added in option for mouseover targeting
* Added in option for HaloPro to always show (dims when not targeting anything, but still visible, brighten on target - this auto enables when mouseover targeting is chosen)
* Additional minor bug fixes
- == v1.5.1 ==
* Fixed minor bug that caused flash warning to fail when using the new mouseover targeting
== v1.5.2 ==
* Fixed bug that caused mouseover targets that are dead, over 100 yards, or not attackable / healable to throw a lua error
== Release v1.4 ==
* Fixed major bug causing memory leaks
* Fixed an issue that could cause sizing to change to closest multiples of 5 on reload
* Various optimizations
by Woaden » 26 Aug 2012, 08:17
Hopefully someone with a good bit of lua programming experience can give this a quick once over just to /thumbsup.
One question though. Are you basing this off of This?
- Posts: 1622
- Joined: 22 May 2012, 07:46
- Location: Probably Sleeping
by Spinalcrack » 26 Aug 2012, 08:59
Yes, as best as I can. Blizzard has no built in range check api's other than, can you cast on it at all. Not very useful for us, as that is 30 yards on Halo. So I used a wowace library, that does a large check of items and abilities with various ranges to narrow down how far we are from the target.
Short answer: When green is in the middle you are 25-30 yards
When bar spark is:
Left red - less than 20 yards
Left yellow - between 20 and 25 yards
Middle green - 25-30 yards
Right yellow - 30-35 yards
Right red - greater than 35 yards
This is as close as it's possible to get the distance as there are not items in the game or abilities with range limits in between sort of standard distances.
So with the default theme, a step or two away during green or a step or two towards during right yellow, should be the most damage / healing.
by Spinalcrack » 27 Aug 2012, 17:47
I still need to add the Icon theme.
Fixed major bug that was causing HaloPro to think it was in range up to 32 yards.
Now properly switches to middle at 25 - 30 yards (max 30 yards)
Added Disc and Holy theme's
Corrected readme.txt typo's
Fixed a bug that was preventing themes from resetting when defaults were called
Initial release for testing
by Spinalcrack » 29 Aug 2012, 15:21
Added in a new slash command for those wanting to use and test this addon pre-MoP (please do I want to have it rocking before launch, cause after launch I will want to play more than code :P)
- Code: Select all
That will switch it from monitoring Halo, to Mind Blast, so you can set the positioning and size and the warning flashes etc all before MoP launches.
When the UI reloads it will set back to Halo automatically... or you can /hp testmode again.
Just a reminder. Spark indicator to the left of centre is too close, so back up. Spark indicator to the right of centre is too far, move towards target. In the middle you are in max potential Halo range (but casting Mind Blast on live will fade the bar etc etc when in testmode)
3 Themes now in, Icon Theme I'll have done before MoP launch.
by Koilie » 01 Sep 2012, 18:56
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 24 Oct 2011, 11:48
- Location: Upstate NY
by Spinalcrack » 01 Sep 2012, 21:32
Koilie wrote:I just found this post. Loaded this up on beta and it seems like a pretty damn good addon :)
Thank you for the compliment!! I want to add a few more features, but should be gtg for MoP :)
by Spinalcrack » 08 Sep 2012, 20:37
by Spinalcrack » 13 Sep 2012, 13:32
Icon theme is almost done as well and I should have it pushed to curse soon.
by Spinalcrack » 14 Sep 2012, 13:23
Has a short demo video as well.
Check it out!! :D
Contact: Email The Administrator