< /br>< /br>< /br>

Legendary Cloak - Healing vs DPS

Legendary Cloak - Healing vs DPS

Postby Shardstorm » 14 Sep 2013, 14:16

For a Disc priest that is so far happy with their spirit levels, and doesn't over heal very much, does the Healing Cloak offer much? Will the DPS cloak proc for me off my atonement/SW:P? It's not looking terribly attractive to me right now, but even with low over healing it would still offer me something useful.
Shardstorm

Re: Legendary Cloak - Healing vs DPS

Postby Adinne » 14 Sep 2013, 15:18

The dps cloak does proc off atonement, but of course does not translate to more healing.

The heal cloak was 2.5% of my healing on our flex fallen protectors run (that's without counting the 5% buff to all healing for the duration, which I guess isn't necessarily a huge deal but sure is nice).

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9l7hd ... 951&e=5635
Adinne
MVP

Postby derevka » 14 Sep 2013, 17:51

There's this comical thread on MMOC sayig how much the legendary cloak sucks... that thread makes me laugh so hard.

Basically its unfounded QQ.

1. Dont forget Disc has the HIGHEST RPPM on the cloak.
2. There's a 5% healing bonus when it procs, IN ADDITION to the overheal protection.
3. The added DPS the cloak provides a healer isnt going to be enough to make that much of a difference on most fights....

Refusing to wear the cloak is a bit crazy IMO--- and is just doomsaying and foolish play.
derevka
Assistant Administrator

Postby atheldane » 15 Sep 2013, 19:20

I would end to agree that it is not that great for Disc.

In my flex raid tonight:

A Monk healer in my grouphad it proce 2064 times in the same time period my cloak procc'd 336 times. (1.8% of heals, versus his 5.4%)

so your statement about it having the highest RPPM is not showing up, so where are you getting that information from?

Admittedly a Monk haeler with their HOTs and this particular monk is at 12000 haste so he should net more proc's but close to 7 times the procs?? I dunno that seems a bit unbalanced.
atheldane

Postby Zosyn » 15 Sep 2013, 19:29

I did not feel like searching for the blue post, but here are the RPPMs for the healer cloak:

Mistweaver .46 ppm
Resto Druid .46 ppm
Holy Pally .64 ppm
Disc .81 ppm
Holy .58 ppm
Shaman .41 ppm

As you can see, Disc has the highest RPPM. There are a lot of people complaining about it not being balanced between the healers and it will never be balanced. The 5% healing increase is good enough for me to use it, I don't understand why everyone is complaining about it :(
Zosyn
Donor

Postby Shakko » 16 Sep 2013, 02:31

The 5% extra heal is nice but the real benefit of the cloak is the redistibution of the overhealing.

I just track when the effect proc and start to PoH spam on any group (usually you'll have time to cast 3 PoH while the proc). In our garrosh 25 kill, the "Spirit of Chi-Ji" effect was 6,5% of my total healing. It's just learn how to use it.
Shakko

Postby Decoy » 16 Sep 2013, 03:55

Weak Aura string for Legendary cloak proc was the first thing I did after I managed to put my hands on it. 5% healing increase is nice, redistribution of healing is awesome.

Also, the proc effect did like 4-6% of my healing on each of first four bosses, I was very surprised about it. I'll see whether the numbers will be similar or not today, because I wasn't in SoO since thursday.
Decoy

Postby Aethyx » 16 Sep 2013, 04:58

atheldane wrote:A Monk healer in my grouphad it proce 2064 times in the same time period my cloak procc'd 336 times. (1.8% of heals, versus his 5.4%)

I dare guess you're counting procs of the spirit of chi-ji heal (the redistributing) which says nothing about rppm. Check the time the buff was up (and gave you 5% more healing) for proper uptime/rppm comparisons. Skada has a separate tab for it called "buff uptime" and you can see it in more detail if you log a fight and check it on worldoflogs.

I think it's perfectly fair that disc gets some more uptime.
Discipline uses smart heals and bubbles. The other side of the coin on this super efficient healing style is that our total healing will always be less than other classes (as long as they want fair balance). Every other spec benefits more from the shift of overhealing into healing, so we get a bit more uptime to make up for it.
Aethyx

Postby Weleroth » 16 Sep 2013, 07:20

On the other hand, using the DPS cloak (I'm main spec shadow), I was doing about 5 million damage with it during flex bosses as disc, which is a big chunk of damage for a disc priest. If you're going in as a third healer who's specifically aiming for 1/2 dps + 1/2 heals, the dps cloak helps a lot with that role (although on some fights, like Narushen, you can still pull 200k hps, so you might not be considered 1/2 heals).

If you're only 2 healing it, I would certainly take the healing cloak.
Weleroth

Postby derevka » 19 Sep 2013, 07:07

atheldane wrote:so your statement about it having the highest RPPM is not showing up, so where are you getting that information from?

As mentioned its on the WOWhead list for the item, but also the RPPM is listed on the cloak's tooltip in game.

The biggest question you should be asking yourself is if you are healign or DPSing. Generally speaking if you aren't really healing and are only atonement healing the full fight... are you better off just bringing a full/real healer?
derevka
Assistant Administrator

Return to Holy & Disc Archive