HowToPriest.com HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Welcome Anonymous !

HowToPriest.com is World of Warcraft's cornerstone for every spec of the Priest class.

Legendary Meta & Disc

For the things that don't fit elsewhere!

by gromok » 24 Mar 2013, 13:15

Courageous Primal Diamond

How does this interact with Attonement DPS-ing? It says, "beneficial spell", which leads me to believe the more I Attonement heal, the weaker this gem will be. Similar issue with MW monks.

Thinking of sticking with my Burning Primal Diamond
gromok

by Adinne » 24 Mar 2013, 20:36

gromok wrote:Courageous Primal Diamond

How does this interact with Attonement DPS-ing? It says, "beneficial spell", which leads me to believe the more I Attonement heal, the weaker this gem will be. Similar issue with MW monks.

Thinking of sticking with my Burning Primal Diamond

I would think Atonement procs it, but I got no data on it, and unlikely to see it for a little while. Maybe someone else can confirm. But I do like the Burning a lot too, it's gonna be a toss-up.
Adinne

by Samsius » 25 Mar 2013, 01:39

I would assume it would work fine, it wouldn't proc on the damage but it should proc of the atonement heal itself? I'm 4/20 so far on the quest items for ToT, seems a really low drop rate as I've full cleared it in normal and done lfr both weeks its been out. I'm already exalted with black prince. Hopefully it doesn't take too long but probably a couple more weeks. Ill be sure to let you know.
Samsius

by Aevi » 26 Mar 2013, 07:08

I'll probably still roll with the Spirit/Int + Critical Effect metas. I'm not 100% on the math but the increased critical effect works well with Disc Atonement. Adinne has some good information on how this works somewhere on this site.
Codeine Shadow Priest, 12/14 Heroic The Vikings, Terenas-EU
Aevi

by Adinne » 26 Mar 2013, 07:19

Aevi wrote:I'll probably still roll with the Spirit/Int + Critical Effect metas. I'm not 100% on the math but the increased critical effect works well with Disc Atonement. Adinne has some good information on how this works somewhere on this site.

That info is a bit out of date, as Atonement no longer triple-dips into the effect. These days the crit effect affects Atonement just the same way it affects everything else. Still strong for any healer focusing on crit, which Disc should be doing.
Adinne

by Raksasha » 25 Apr 2013, 08:23

Just curious - are any of you disc priests running with Sinister Primal Diamond ?

I'm thinking the periodic haste boost would be better than the clearcasting since Disc has amazing mana management
Raksasha

by Ashleycakez » 25 Apr 2013, 08:41

I've been considering using that one over the one with Clearcasting. Thing that stops me is using Halo, Cascade, or straight PW:S spam during Clearcasting. Wondering if this would make the other meta pull ahead when used smartly.

Perhaps I'll find out if I ever get a helm ;)
Ashleycakez || <Angelus Lapsus> || Stream || Priest Healing Tips
<Angelus Lapsus> is recruiting! 10 man mature raiding
11/16H T14 & 13/13H T15 & 12/14H T16
Ashleycakez

by crytuf » 25 Apr 2013, 10:03

Having used the clearcasting meta for a week now, I can definitely say it's worth it. Disc has a lot more potential than other healers because of the nature of absorbs. I track the proc with weakauras, and basically get 2 free bubbles every time it does. Because of all the mana saved, it has allowed me to turn a lot of my spirit gems into int gems.

The way I see it, I'm getting int and more int with the courageous gem, or crit and haste with the sinister gem. The choice is pretty clear to me.
crytuf

by Aliena » 06 May 2013, 13:16

I'm running Sinister. It's amazing! It procs about twice per minute on average and has great synergy with Spirit Shell stacking. There was a very silly instance where it procced together with Bloodlust and I had PI running, and Prayer of Healing was down to about 1.2sec (or less, don't recall) cast time.

I'm also thinking about picking up a secondary helmet for fights I want to make more use of my T6 talent/bubble spam.
Aliena

by Pancakes » 07 May 2013, 05:49

I usually raid as shadow, and because I only have one helm which can use the LMG at the moment I've been healing with the Sinister Primal Diamond.

Personally I find that most of its benefit goes to waste as disc because it kind of needs to proc when there's damage to be healed (or a spirit shell window coming up), and there's no way to proc it consistently besides spamming smite.

Also if for some reason you're going to be smiting all the time, when the meta procs you can GCD cap smites which is also sort of wasteful.(But if you're doing that just for the damage you can throw out a pretty strong SWPain)

Tossing out ~3 PWshields on random people with clearcasting feels much better than a mini bloodlust that dosen't always proc when you need it.
Pancakes

Next

Return to General Holy & Disc Discussion