< /br>< /br>< /br>

SimulationCraft and Attonement Healing

SimulationCraft and Attonement Healing

Postby OttoSilver » 22 Mar 2013, 07:19

Greetings

I have been coming to this site more often lately to try and be a better priest. Up to now I have been using Mr Robot to do my reforging, but it seems to have gone over the edge. Today it wanted to reforge almost everything into Haste after having me reforge to Spirit a few days ago. Since when do Disc Priests need that much haste?

It was suggested that I try ReforgeLite instead, but when I look at it I am unsure which numbers to use. I generally prefer an Attonement Healing style, even in raids and therefore I would like to refoge to Crit more than Mastery. Trying to figure out how to do that I was led to wowreforge.com and also to SimulationCraft.

I found a tutorial on this site for analising Shadow Priesting with SimulationCraft, but when I follow it for Disc the results only give me numbers for Shield and Direct Healing. I looked around but can't seem to find a way to make it Craft for Attonement Healing.

I am brand new to the program and realise that I might just be a spaz noob, but any help would appreciated.

*The character information I used in SimulationCraft came from
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... s/advanced
OttoSilver

Re: SimulationCraft and Atonement Healing

Postby Adinne » 22 Mar 2013, 08:18

OttoSilver wrote:Greetings

I have been coming to this site more often lately to try and be a better priest. Up to now I have been using Mr Robot to do my reforging, but it seems to have gone over the edge. Today it wanted to reforge almost everything into Haste after having me reforge to Spirit a few days ago. Since when do Disc Priests need that much haste?

It was suggested that I try ReforgeLite instead, but when I look at it I am unsure which numbers to use. I generally prefer an Attonement Healing style, even in raids and therefore I would like to refoge to Crit more than Mastery. Trying to figure out how to do that I was led to wowreforge.com and also to SimulationCraft.

I found a tutorial on this site for analising Shadow Priesting with SimulationCraft, but when I follow it for Disc the results only give me numbers for Shield and Direct Healing. I looked around but can't seem to find a way to make it Craft for Attonement Healing.

I am brand new to the program and realise that I might just be a spaz noob, but any help would appreciated.

*The character information I used in SimulationCraft came from
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... s/advanced

I'm not sure why you would need to set numbers in ReforgeLite? All you need in the absence of caps is a priority of stats, and ReforgeLite has a "non-advanced" mode where you just need to specify that order, and I would put Spirit > Crit > Mastery > Haste. ReforgeLite can take it from there.

That's generally the case when you do reforging where there are no "caps" to reach: All the program needs to decide is on each piece of gear whether it should reforge one of the two stats into a third stat, and all it needs to know for that is which stat is better than which, not how much better. So as long as you put any 4 numbers to the secondary stats, with the larger number for Spirit, a smaller number for crit, an even smaller number for Mastery and the smallest for Haste, the programs will do the right thing.

More precise numbers as weights will only matter if you talk about gems, or enchants, where you want to know how those secondary stats compare to Int, or when you talk about stats having caps or breakpoints that largely change their behavior, which is not the case for Discipline. And as far as Discipline goes at these gear levels, when it comes to gemming I would say always go for socket bonuses, and use a (at least partly) red gem if you feel ok manawise or a (at least partly) blue gem if you feel you could use more spirit.
Adinne
MVP

Re: SimulationCraft and Attonement Healing

Postby derevka » 23 Mar 2013, 05:40

Simcraft is pretty horrible for healing unless you change the default actionlist to match what you are actually using in a fight, which if you arent familiar with how to use the default actionlist.... is somewhat of a nightmare.

Frankly you're better off using a calculator like Adinne's or other Spreadsheets (available online, or build your own) instead of the official Simcraft software, and looking at how specific spells scale and then see how that translates into what you typically use--imo. Simcraft is a good tool, but for healing it really can provide you with complicated results if you dont know how to use it correctly.
derevka
Assistant Administrator

Re: SimulationCraft and Attonement Healing

Postby OttoSilver » 23 Mar 2013, 18:11

OK then, ReforgeLite it is.

Thanks for the relplies. :)
OttoSilver

Return to Holy & Disc Archive